This is a program for universities, students and employees. The aim is to support international cooperation of universities, enabling students to go abroad for part of their studies and internships, promoting the mobility of university employees, providing universities with numerous opportunities to participate in projects together with foreign partners.
- 4 million people will benefit from the program, including 2 million students
- 2 thousand VET providers and entrepreneurs will establish 150 sector skills alliances
- 1,5 thousand higher education institutions and enterprises will create 150 knowledge alliances
- 800 thousand lecturers, university and school teachers, trainers and youth workers will participate in employee mobility projects
- 25 thousand strategic partnerships will connect 125 thousand schools, vocational education and training institutions, higher education and adult education institutions, youth organizations and enterprises
The Erasmus + program started on January 1, 2014 and replaced the existing programs: “Lifelong Learning” (and its sector programs – Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius and Grundtvig), the Jean Monnet action, the “Youth in Action” program and five other programs (including Erasmus Mundus and Tempus). For the first time in the history of educational programs in the European Union, sport-related initiatives will also be supported.
Duration of the Erasmus + Program: 2014-2020 (2020/2021 – the last academic year covered by the program).
By the decision of the European Commission, the University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin holds the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) and fully participates in the implementation of the decentralized activities of the ERASMUS + Program Action 1. Educational Mobility.
As part of the ERASMUS + program, Action 1. Educational Mobility, WSEI is awarded a grant for the implementation of the following activities related to cooperation with program countries:
- mobility of students for study in other program countries – for a period from 3 to 12 months
- mobility of students for traineeships to other program countries – for a period from 2 to 12 months
- mobility of graduates for traineeships to other program countries – for a period from 2 to 12 months
Students of the University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin have the opportunity to apply for an ERASMUS + scholarship to go on traineeships to foreign institutions/enterprises in the 2020/2021 academic year. Students’ mobility for traineeships takes place in accordance with the “Zasady rekrutacji studentów WSEI na studia i praktyki za granicą na rok akademicki 2020/2021” (Principles of recruitment of WSEI students for studies and traineeships abroad for the 2020/2021 academic year).
SEARCHING FOR A PLACE OF INTERNSHIP
Students can go on traineeships under the ERASMUS + program, Action 1. Educational Mobility to institutions located in a country participating in the Erasmus + program (27 EU countries with the United Kingdom and Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Serbia and the Republic of North Macedonia).
Students may go to study abroad only under the signed inter-institutional agreements between the University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin and the host institution. Foreign universities must have an ECHE (Erasmus Charter for Higher Education) card entitling them to participate in the program.
Erasmus + countries are:
- 27 European Union member states and the United Kingdom
- EFTA / EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway;
EU candidate countries: Turkey, Serbia, Republic of North Macedonia.
SETTLEMENT OF THE MOBILITY
The student is obliged to settle the scholarship mobility with the Erasmus + University Coordinator (Center for Projects, International Cooperation and Development Strategy) in accordance with the signed agreement and the “Zasady rozdziału środków i finansowania wyjazdów w Wyższej Szkole Ekonomii I Innowacji w Lublinie” (Principles of allocating funds and financing mobilities at the University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin).
More information about mobilities under the Erasmus + Program is available at the Center for Projects, International Cooperation and Development Strategy,
1st floor, room 103,
tel. phone: +48 81 749 32 27